Other Cool Stuff
Wow, 2011 flew by, right? We put together this quick chart to summarize how the year ended, and the hard work everyone’s been doing to help increase search engine visibility for our customers.
In the past 6 months, Pear has nearly tripled revenue without any formal sales or marketing. We made buying Internet marketing services easy and affordable by bundling them together – much like how your cable company will bundle cable, phone and Internet. Nice, right? So we found marketers don’t really want to buy organic search, paid search and conversion optimization in 3 different places either.
Well, we think it’s a homerun, and we’re looking for a rockstar salesperson to help prime the pump even more. We’re looking for someone to create operational chaos. It’s a ground-level opportunity with a huge upside. We’ve also moved into this kick-ass office, so who wouldn’t want to work here?
In order to find this rockstar salesperson, we’re willing to pay a $10,000 bounty to anyone who sends us such an individual.
With the holidays right around the corner, who couldn’t use an extra few bucks in their pocket, right? It’s simple, and here’s how it works:
1. You send us an email to ALL the people you think would qualify, and who you will encourage to apply to the position. That way we know who referred who. Email your ideal candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Have the candidate fill out this form. We interview every candidate for the position. It’s a rigorous process….first me, then if they make it to the next level – a board member interview, and then if they pass Round 2, a third and final interview with another board member.
3. I’ll let each referrer know who’s dropped out of the race, and who’s still in it.
4. Once a final candidate is chosen and hired, the referrer (YOU) will get $2,000 immediately.
5. Once the rockstar salesperson sells their 5th deals (no matter what plan or price), you get another $3,000.
6. And finally, once the salesperson sells their 10th deal, you’ll get the final $5,000.
What are we looking for?
The ideal salesperson for Pear would have some sales experience, first of all. No need for 15 or 20 years, but a few would be nice. A person who has a “rolodex” of potential customers would certainly be helpful – this person is going to have to generate their own leads. Knowledge on the technology and things we sell is a plus, but most rockstar salespeople can sell without the intimate knowledge. This person would be very good on the phone, as our customers are in 6 countries and 3 continents. This person would need to come up with sales projections, as well as develop the sales model that we can use for future funding, if necessary. (i.e. every lead from channel X results in Y kind of thing). The downsides are: this can be a difficult product to sell; we have no sales process; we have little marketing materials; and we don’t have much of a marketing budget (gee, I’m starting to sound like the last half of a Viagra ad!). The upside is that you get to define the whole process and take all the credit for it!
What else are we offering?
The rockstar salesperson will get a base, plus commission, plus bonuses for going over target. The commissions are recurring, and are based on the plan purchased by the customer. We also have a competitive healthcare plan, unlimited vacation, ping-pong, and all the coffee you can drink.